Hello everyone, today I simply wanna share the ways of me using my perfumes. People around me know that I love perfumes so much. I have a small cupboard just to store all my perfumes collection. Collections variety from Parfum, Eau de Parfum, Eau de Toilette, Eau de Cologne, and Mist, even different types of it from spray, rollerball, to balm. No matter how many I have buy, it’s always not enough perfumes for my life.
The knowledge and ways of using the perfumes right, might not be something that everyone knows. The proper and actual ways of using the perfumes can helps your perfumes to lasts longer and even make you “SMELLS” more gorgeous and sexy.
Here you go, the Secret PERFUMES Hacks!!!
- How many times to spray perfumes in a day?
- Eau de Toilette (EDT) is the most popular types of fragrance. EDT fragrance will normally last for 2-3 hours. Thus, it can be spray on 3 times in a day for every 3-4 hours periods. It’s commonly for day-wear.
- Eau de Parfum (EDP) is the strongest perfume after Parfum. It will last for 4-5 hours. Thus, spraying it 2 times in a day should be enough. It’s commonly for night-wear.
- Parfum has the highest fragrance concentration. Parfums last the longest; usually 6-8 hours. So, spraying it a little before you leave the house should be enough. People with sensitive skin may do better with parfums as they have far less alcohol than other fragrance types.
- Ways to use perfumes
- For a lighter scent, spray the fragrance in the air and slowly walk into the mist. The spray will distribute evenly across your body and leave you with a hint of fragrance for occasions when you don’t want to smell as strong. I like to do this after I bath and before putting on my clothes.
- Use a fragrance specifically designed for hair to make it smell better after the meal. Who likes the hair smells after the heavy meal, I hate it the most. To keep the oily smell away, transfer your hair perfume (or your favorite perfume) into a smaller spray bottle and bring it with you all the time. It’s a good touch up.
- Mix your lotion and perfume to be a Perfumed Lotion. Pour the last bit of fragrance from an almost-empty perfume bottle into unscented lotion so nothing goes to waste.
- Spray some of your favorite perfume on to your handkerchief and placed it in your handbag and closet. Now, your handbag and your clothes will have your favorite scent with it. The best part is when you are moving around, the scents will follow behind you.
- Spray perfume on your pillow before you sleep. The one with calming scents can help you sleep better. The one that you love can leave your hair with a light scent on the next day. It works the best if you are not planning to go for a hair wash on the next day.
- Which part to spray the perfumes on?
- Target pulse points and warm areas on your body when spraying perfume. To make your scent last longer, choose a couple target areas as the picture below shows (not all of them at once). The warm areas indicated will help diffuse the fragrance across your entire body and spraying your ankles and calves will allow the scent to rise throughout the day.
- How to make it last longer?
- If you have the habit of wearing stocking or pantyhose then, you may spray it on them. Stockings and pantyhose are mainly made from nylon, which is a material that scents can leave on it for a longer time (almost whole day). Roll it up into a round shape and spray your perfume on them, so that it can be sprayed evenly.
- Apply an unscented lotion before your fragrance. Oily complexions retain fragrances longer, so if you have dry skin, use a moisturizer first to help lock in the scent.
- Spray your perfume right after taking a shower and before getting dressed. The moisture on your skin will help lock in the scent. This will also prevent the fragrance from staining delicate clothes or jewelry. You may even you the bath gel from the same collection so that the scents stay on longer.
- Don’t dab the fragrance on your wrists after spraying. If you rub your wrists together, you’ll force the top notes to disappear faster than intended and as a result make your fragrance not last as long.
- What to do when you spray too much?
- If you are spraying too much of perfumes on one point, use a makeup wipe or wet towel to get rid of the scents. There’s always one day that our hand will get too itchy or heavy, no worries, just wipe it off.
- Know your know fragrances
- Familiarize yourself with common fragrance terms so you know exactly what the sales associates are referring to when helping you find a new perfume.
So, what’s your ways of using your favorite perfume?
Hope you enjoy reading my post.
Thank you so much for stopping by. If you like my post, please feel free to share.
*Some pictures might not belongs to me